 Games / LEGO Media / LEGO Island / 39
38  |  40
Subject:
Argh! So frustrating!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games.lego.island
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:08:07 GMT

Sorry about this everyone but I felt the need to come here and vent...

I'm playing Lego Island 2 - on the penultimate mission thingy and all I've
got to do is climb the inside of this tower across a walkway with moving
bits and gaps and things - but the frame-rate has suddenly decided to go all
jerky on me and it's positively impossible to finish the level.

OK - I'm running a PIII 800 with 128 MB of RAM and an extra 32MB on my
graphics card and yet the gameplay is AWFUL.  Every time I get to a point
where I have to jump a gap - it's taking like a whole second to register the
command on screen and before I know it I'm suddenly plummeting downwards to
the start again.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I've tried turning the resolution right down and high detail off - but it
makes no difference whatsoever.

This is really annoying.  I've no idea how large this level is - but surely
it can't be as large as the Island itself (which is pretty big) - can it?

The Brickster is perfectly safe in his tower - no sod can get up the stairs
to fight him!

This isn't the only problem I've had with this game - even though I've done
a full install and I've got about 12GB of space left on my drive for the
game to play around with if it needed it (!) it takes an age to load any of
the levels.

Has anyone else had any prob's like this?

Regards,

Andrew.

ajs@blahblahblah.co.uk

www.blahblahblah.co.uk