 Games / 260
Re: "X-pod Play Off" Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 10:15:57 GMT

Its a little bit complex, but I think that this is the right way:
  • Every Team has 8 Models. One of them is a *any-brick-to-create*.
  • Every Action “costs” activity points. Every Team has the same amount of these points.
  • The better the action, the more you have to “pay”. example: 1Move=1P, 1Push/1Jump=2P, 1Fly=3P, Decon=1P, Eat=2P, Repair=1P... This code is only my first suggestion, but if you try to calculate the sum of all points with the 4 pods, you will get different amounts.
  • The max. amount of abilities (also measured in Points) per Level is also fix. (Lvl1=2, LvL2=3, LvL3=5) This is still in development, but there has to be a limit per level.
  • The sum of all levels of a Team should be limited too. (+1Level=1P?)
  • At least it should also be checked, how many model of the same type can be built at the same time. (limitation of the strong units)
You see, its not very easy to get the right balance. I am not sure if Lego used a key. I think that its based on the “try and error”- System.

But we can invent one... :)