 Games / 168
Re: NEW BOARD GAME: LEGO RACERS!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:42:36 GMT

In lugnet.games, Josh Baakko writes:
In lugnet.games, Nick Cameron writes:
I got the new board game. It comes with a whole bunch of "Track Pieces" that
can be hooked together in a loop. The pieces consist of a whole bunch of • curved
pieces, a few straight pieces, two hazard pieces, and one pit stop, a space
with a spinner that can move you forward or backward. Other things that come
with it are 4 cars, each driven by a guy with eyebrows in a blue suit, a
spinner, because the LEGO group didn't include dice, 12 lap markers
(http://img.lugnet.com/ld/3005.gif), 12 things that tell how many points you
get at the end of each race, and 8 powerup bricks,
which are as follows:
  2 turbo boosts (http://img.lugnet.com/ld/3839.gif) : Extra turn.
  2 oils (four http://http://img.lugnet.com/ld/3062b.gif on top of a
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/3022.gif) : One player within 6 spaces behind you
loses a turn.
  2 nitros (http://img.lugnet.com/ld/6126.gif in a
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/2555.gif) : One player within 6 spaces ahead of you
loses a turn.
  2 shields (http://img.lugnet.com/ld/2432.gif) : Protection from oil and
nitro, players that touch you go back 3 spaces.

The game looks cool, but I haven't played it yet.

NICK

Are the track peices those road thingys from the town jr bridge set?
Josh

I wish, but sadly, they are cardboard punch-outs with "Jigsaw Pussle" like
edges. I still haven't played the game.

NICK

P.S. If you have the town jr bridge, could you tell me if the road thingys can
connect to studs on the entire bottom, so you can stick it to a plate?