 Events / Chicago House of Bricks / 25
24  |  26
Subject:
House of Bricks Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.houseofbricks
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2005 23:04:57 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

   Chicago House of Bricks was a blast! Thank you to everyone who participated. In particular I want to thank Jason Spears for acting as co-coordinator and going out of his way to make sure the display was mind-blowing. Also, a big thanks to Larry P and Joe Meno for their help behind the scenes.

House of Bricks was an attempt to combine our enthusiasm for LEGO with a sci-fi/fantasy convention. To say it was a success would be an understatement. Several attendees and convention staff were heard saying “the LEGO guys made the event”.

What made it a success? First and foremost it was the people in our community who went out of their way to make it great. But another notable factor was the combined enthusiasm of convention-goers for imagination. Whether it was screaming pirates, book authors, gamers, artists, comedians, or masqueraders, there was an appreciation for all things that ‘could’ be. And in that way, we fit perfectly with 2BeCONtinued.

House of Bricks was made possible by:
Felix Greco, coordinator
Jason Spears, co-coordinator
Jon Gilchrist, 2BeCONtinued liaison
Brian Davis, technic/mindstorms coordinator
Steve Hassenplug, technic/mindstorms co-coordinator couldn’t make it :(
Matthew “Pepa” De Lanoy, space coordinator

MOCs, AFOLs, and reactions can be found at the following links…

Joe’s Pics
Jason’s Pics
Lar’s Pics
Felix’s Pics
Pepa’s Pics

Evening parties, shows, and people at the CON can be found at these links (warning: PG-13)…

People & After Parties
Shows