 Events / BrickWorld / 218
217  |  219
Subject:
BrickWorld Highlights
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 02:31:09 GMT

As many others have said already on LUGNET, BrickWorld was a fantastic event! All of us coordinators were blown away by the attendance at this very first year for BrickWorld. Here are some event highlights that I really enjoyed:

• Watching a new motorized Monster Dino smash its way down 12 feet of town layout and then push a Knight Bus off the table at the end
• Drinking enough root beer at the Ram to give a horse diabetes
• The look on my face when Steve Witt gave out the gold C-3PO’s (or so Jeramy tells me)
• Watching Jan Beyer and Steve Hassenplug line up the engraved BrickWorld minifigs in a row and knock them over like dominos
• Seeing the white stress marks on John Neal’s Pick-A-Brick tubs and feeling that they weighed about 15 pounds each
• Seeing the displays on the news (all 20 seconds of it) ; )
• Realizing Monday morning that I had forgotten to lock my car on Sunday night after I packed everything in it, and finding that it hadn’t been touched
• Finding that the Woodfield store had just gotten Market Street sets back in on Monday morning before I got there

See everyone in 2008!

David