 Events / BricksWest / 535
Re: Need to borrow stuff for Train History Session at BricksWest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:51:58 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickswest, Frank Filz writes:
I've got most of the stuff I will need for the train history session,
but there's a few items I'd like to borrow if possible. I will be
focusing mostly on the evolution of the parts and such rather than sets,
though I will have some representative sets from various eras.

So here's the list of things I'd like to borrow:

although I don't plan on coming, if these items are really needed I can
provide them (I'd have to send them and get them back!!!)

- any old catalogs with trains

some early 70's

- 1960s bogies (as in set 153)

yes, MISB

- whistle controlled train (139A, 139, 118,  138)

yes, 118 & 138 & 139, all used

- 1960s automatic direction changer (as in set 157)

yes, MISB

- 7777 12v Train Idea Book

yes, used

- 7750 for large train wheels (or parts sets 1143, or 5071)

yes, part set 1143 or 5071 (sealed)

- red 12v train motor (in 7727, 7730, 7750)

no

- older style 12v or 4.5v motor which takes the contacts with the thick
pins

yes, used

(103 or 702 would be examples)
- 742 12v transformer for 100v mains

maybe, but very heavy to ship, blue and grey (have to check voltage)

- grey 740/742 style transformer
- 708 2m extension cord for electric points

yes, used

- 7862 12v decoupler track

yes, used

- 323 or similar early train

not the 323, but I have a 112, 114, 116, 119, 120, mostly with box, all used

- 396 Thatcher Perkins

yes, without stickers though

Some sets that would be nice to show:

- My Own Train line (if someone has a complete set built that would be
way cool)
- Santa Fe engine and cars
- 115 or other similar 1966 train set (I'm strongly suspicious this is
the train set I had as a kid)

I haven't decided what sets I will use but some sets I intend to bring:

162  (built as alternate model)
727  (modified)
7740, 7815, 7819
4551 (9v set that doesn't use train baseplate)
164 (1st LEGO caboose?)
7720
7735

I will be bringing a good sampling of 12v stuff for show and for play
during free play time. I may set some of this stuff up in the Pavilion
for display also.

Thanks

Frank

How about the train ferry (set 323)? this is a nice train related set?

For all above items, if someone is careful with them and send them back to
me, I would be able to provide the above, but if someone is attending that
has these, this would be easier. Anyway, let me know if you need my stuff.

Paul