 Events / BrickFest / 870
  Bill Changing Machine

Does anyone own or have access to a dollar bill changer? A $1 to 4 quarters would be fine. Last year, Coins seemed scarce due to parking meters. I only remember being able to get change via buying a Coke. I *really* need a machine for special (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

The GMU facility has a bill changer on the first floor next to the vending machines. It is primarily used for getting change for the on street parking meters. How many dollars, in quarters, do you expect that you will need? Christina Hitchcock (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

If I recall correctly, this machine ran out of change fairly quickly last year. Just an observation, as I remember having to hunt down change myself. Troy "Christina Hitchcock" <chitchco@mail.gmu.edu> wrote in message news:Gz5GBw.97K@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

Yeah, it does, but last year the machine was empty by Saturday afternoon, thanks to all the Brickfestians running around. The pop machines were pretty cleaned out too. I suspect we'll have the same situation again this year, as there are as many, if (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

(...) One or two industrious locals might want to bring a cooler filled with ice and sodas, and charge 50 cents a soda or something. Buy a few rolls of quarters from your bank to provide change. When I used to game at MIT back in high school there (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

(...) I have worked in vending several years. I can tell you that all modern change machines hold many hundreds of dollars worth of change when full. Most vending companies do NOT fill machines to capacity at most locations. A common amount for a (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

Other people have posted helpful suggestions, but I'm still wondering whether it is the coins you want, or, as you say, the machine you need. After all, your question is not "Does anyone own or have access to coins I could buy?" I do not have such a (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

(...) yeah, it's as I said: (...) I don't want to say too much about the project yet. It'd be doubly good if I had a machine there, so that people could use it for parking meters too. I think it's still important for folks to think about where to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Suzanne D. Rich writes: [snip] (...) [snip] (...) From Stephen F. Roberts' "scattered thank-you's" post, this much is revealed. "Best use of a candy machine : Suz's candy machine full of minifigs" Suz, it sounds (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

(...) I noticed some minifigs in little plastic containers (those roundish ones with the caps that little toys come in in those candy/trinket machines at the entrance to every supermarket in the U.S.) in some pics taken by Jon Palmer of his (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

(...) Maggie, Here are some close-up pictures... (URL) gallery might not be visible by the time you read this. If not, wait a few hours and try again...) --Todd (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.party)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

(...) Actually, those pictures were taken a few hours after my capsules ran out. Kevin Salm was good enough to refill the machine with his own elements (giving them away), so that others could enjoy the LEGO-vending experience.. Thank-you, Kevin!! (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.party)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

(...) Oh -- my -- sad! So I totally missed out on seeing the first run of capsules. Did anyone get pictures? In any case, yeah, thank you Kevin! --Todd (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.party)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

(...) Knowing that Lego in bulk 25 cent vending machines has been a long-time dream of Suz's, I was also sad when her supplies were exhausted. I was very happy to be able to refill the machine with what minifigs and elements I had available so more (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.party, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Kevin Salm writes: SNIP (...) Been there, done that (at least at the set level, more analogous with a soda machine). From Larry's trip archive: (URL) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.party)

  Re: Bill Changing Machine

(...) I think seeing machines at LUG events would be awesome! no reason it can't be done, other than being careful to avoid "confusion" of TLC involvement. I'd recommend slapping a big LUG sticker on the side of the machine and NOT putting a LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.party)