 Events / BrickFest / 3865
3864  |  3866
Subject:
BrickFest PDX '07 Community Projects and MOC display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 22:01:02 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

We have numerous opportunities for you to get involved at BrickFest PDX
2007.

There are several Community Projects in the works. The latest list can be
found at http://www.brickfest.com/projects.php  A few of the items we already
have on the list include; Community Train Layout, Classic Space Fly
In http://news.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/?n=3840, and the Van Gosh
Mosaic Build, and we'll be announcing more soon.If there is a particular
project you are interested in making happen there is still time!There are
more then 9 weeks until BrickFest PDX 07.If you have an idea or plan just
send the coordinators an email at Coordinnators@brickfest.com.

Don't forget to bring your favorite MOCs (My Own Creation) to show to your
fellow AFOLs as well as the general public during the Sunday afternoon Expo.
We have plenty of room this year to accommodate large or small! You can also
fill out and print a MOC Display Card for each MOC online at
http://www.brickfest.com/registration/mocs.php http://www.lugnet.com/jump
.cgi?http://www.brickfest.com/registration/mocs.php. This way everyone will
know whose treasure they are admiring!

Individual Theme Coordinators will announce if there are any competitions
within their respective areas, a MOC card will guarantee your entry. So
please print them out and bring them with you.

Another great way to share your enthusiasm is to host a session. Sessions
can range from round table discussions on any LEGO topic, to discussions on
developing new community standards (i.e. moonbase), to MOC show-&-tell, to
topical building techniques (i.e. SNOT). So plan a session topic and submit
it to the session web page http://www.brickfest.com/presenter_form.php

If you've never been to a BrickFest, BrickFest is an event that is organized
by AFOLs for AFOLs in order to create a strong and rich community. The more
you participate the more fun it becomes for everyone!We are going back to
the original half day of Expo so as to maximize the time AFOL's have to
commune.

Christina Hitchcock and BrickFest Team