 Events / BrickFest / 3685
3684  |  3686
Subject:
BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:35:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Before the excitement wanes and memories start to blur, lets get started on
planning BrickFest 2007.  Joe recently informed me that he is no longer
interested in Coordinating BrickFest 2007.  I’d like to thank Joe and his
wonderful team of for all their efforts to make BrickFest 2006 happen and the
success that it was.  In addition to Joe, BrickFest happens because of the many
wonderful volunteers who offer their time and energy, months before as well as
during the event.  Its because of the AFOL volunteers (and their spouses) from
our community that BrickFest has grown and now welcomes more and more fans from
around the world. Every year there are lessons learned and every year thought
the support of all of you, we work though them. One huge thing leaned this year
was how wonderful it is to have the hotel rooms so close to the meeting space.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to extend and invitation to those of you
who have attended BrickFest in the past, now is a time for you to get involved.
Obviously, for some, participation is dependant the date of the event, and that
is totally understandable.  This email is just a preliminary inquiry. Also, we
should not assume that the same people year after year will take on the
responsibilities of being a theme coordinator or other key position. If past
coordinators want to, they are welcome, there’s definitely something to be said
for experience.  But I hope that no one will argue that there’s room for
innovation and fresh ideas (except with respect to the castle theme ;-) ).  Lets
build on what has made past BrickFest events great.

So of you are interested send me an email.  Let me know how you would be
interested in helping.

I’m going to a Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) Expo/Conference today and tomorrow to scope out other possible locations.  There will be hundreds of CVB’s to meet with.. and only two days.  So again I am asking for your input. I can attest to how important it is to have the support of a local club/clubs hosting a BrickFest.  So if any clubs are interested, let me now and I’ll focus on those CVB’s tomorrow.    Also feel free to share what’s important to you in a venue for BrickFest.  Aspects such as accessibility/transportation from airport, Cost per night at the hotel, Distance from your home to venue, East Coast or West Coast, local eateries in walking distance, inexpensive local food options, and others.  Please let me know what’s important so that the best decisions can be made.   I’ll do what I can to see that the above factors are taken into consideration when it comes time for a decision.

send your emial to info@brickfest.com or the GMU account as I have had it
reactivated.

Christina Hitchcock
BrickFest