 Events / BrickFest / 2738
2737  |  2739
Subject:
The Lego Classic Room at BrickFest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 00:32:20 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Come one, come all...to the greatest brick festival ever. For those of you who
have attended BrickFest in the past, you'll remember all of the wonderful things
you learn and the marvelous creations people come up with. For those coming for
the first time, buckle up, you're in for the time of your life.  But I must ask
all of you; what fun is a festival without being able to see some of the
wonderful history of the creations by the Lego company itself. This is where the
Classic room comes in.  We'll be setting up old and new kits, models, MISB sets
for you to look at.

Ever wonder what the Cybermaster Mission kit looks like? Have you seen any of
the original cardboard playmats from the 1950s and 60s? What about some of the
Kabaya promo kits from Japan, or the classic 6285 Pirate Ship.  Space, Trains,
Technic, Model Team, Promotional, Books, puzzles; we'll have it all. And you can
help. I'm putting together a list of items people have and can bring to show
off. I'll also have a Word template you can use to print card tents for all the
stuff you bring.  Just send me a list of what you'd like to bring and I'll add
it to the list. If you decide at the last minute to bring something, even if we
already have someone else bringing one, bring it anyway. I want to pack this
room with all that is the finer side of Lego. The only requirement is that it be
something Lego produced. There's plenty of room for MOCs in other parts of the
show.

Just to spawn your imagination, this is a **partial** list of the items I am
bringing to display, some MISB, some boxed, some without box.

* All of the supercars from Technic (956, 8860, 8865, 8880, 8448, 8466, and
8458)

* MISB 5571, and a built 5571 with trailer hauling 8862

* Model Team - Big Foot, Magic Flash, Black Thunder, Blue Fury (the original,
not the re-issue)

* a bunch of old parts kits including 234, 418, 400, 215, 914 and 402

* Older basic kits like 001 (motor), 002 (gears), 205, 555, 337, 112

* train kits like MISB 4547, MISB 4552, 116, 7722, and 7740 (4.5 and 12 V kits)

* City kits like 6396, 6689

* Books, including rare books like "50 years of play", "Der Lego Motor", "The
Gate of the Present", "The World of Lego Toys", 2, 222, 226, 250, 6000, 7777,
8888, 8889, 8890, 8891

* Lego puzzles and playmats

* And much much more.

So come join in the fun. Dig up those old kits, or rare kits. Find those old
books. Build your favorite Lego set and bring it to the show.  Drop me a line
and let me know what you'd like to bring. My email address is
geoffgr@comporium.net

Leg Godt

:-)