 Events / BrickFest / 2512
2511  |  2513
Subject:
Gaming at BrickFest!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:24:23 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Admiral Filz reporting on the status of gaming with LEGO bricks at BrickFest 2004!

We have an exciting lineup of activities already scheduled, but there’s room for more. If you are interested in coordinating a game that uses LEGO bricks, please fill out a presenter’s signup at the BrickFest website. We would like to encourage all types of games to be represented. Traditionally at BrickFest, LEGO gaming has meant Evil Stevie’s Pirate Game and BrikWars, but it can also include the new X-Pod game, the LEGO board games, or any other game that uses the brick.

As is traditional, Frank Filz will be running Evil Stevie’s Pirate Game all day Saturday. Setup for this event will occur on Friday. This year we return to having our own room, but this year it’s close to the action. All are invited to drop by and join the game for as little as an hour to as long as you want to play. We are accommodating to those who need to take a break to participate in another activity. An enthusiastic audience is always appreciated also. Last year, we had a color picture in the Washington Post, so you know this is an eye catching event.

As always, Frank welcomes pirate creations to be used in the game. Larger ships, islands, bases, and ports are most welcome. Please fill out a MOC card so Frank can be aware of what you are bringing. If you would like to bring ships for use in the game, it is best to confirm with him about design details. Frank will work with each individual MOC owner to assure that none of the details of your creation go missing. If you confirm with Frank ahead of time, he can arrange to bring his own parts to replace yours for anything that might be removed from your MOC. This year, the game display will be neatened up and roped off to be shown to the public.

New this year is an exciting sounding new game. A group of Formula I race enthusiasts has created a new F1 Racing game. They will be playing an invitation only game on Saturday to demonstrate the game. On Sunday, they will run shorter demonstrations that will be open to anyone to learn how to play. They hope to create a worldwide league of racers. They will be setting up a fully sceniced track.

As always, we will find time to have a gaming roundtable. This hour-long session has always been well attended and is an opportunity to share experiences and hopes about gaming with LEGO.

--

Frank Filz
Gaming Coordinator