 Events / BrickFest / 2463
2462  |  2464
Subject:
BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 18:06:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

This years BrickFest in DC is going to be "the best so far". To make that
happen, the organizers are interested in new ideas for things you'd like to see
happen.

As usual, I am concentrating on the Technic and Mindstorms end of things and
there are some new and interesting challenges in the pipe line as well as some
old favorites.

However,

.... we had this idea.

A lot of what people bring to BrickFest are beautifully detailed "static" MOCs.
(With the obvious exception of moving trains!)

So, we thought, why not encourage the Technic and Mindstorms area or room to
feature some dynamic "stuff". The phrase that came to mind was "feeding time".
You know, you're at the zoo, the sea-lions next feeding time is 4:30, so that's
the time to pay them a visit.

What I need is some feed back from everyone out there who'll be bringing Technic
and/or Mindstorms stuff this August if they'd like to agree to "put on a bit of
show" at intervals during each of three days.

This would be above and beyond the scheduled and prize-worthy main competitions.

We could do reprises of some previous competitions so folks who didn't make it
to previous BrickFests could see some of the action live and in person.

My current idea would be to have a mid-morning and mid-afternoon performance
during a scheduled break in the other sessions. Perhaps just 15 mins.

LMKWYT please!
ASAP please!

JB