 Events / 824
823  |  825
Subject:
LDraw users - help out at SIGGRAPH 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 01:17:50 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I'm looking for a few (2-4) people who would like to help talk about LDraw
tools at SIGGRAPH 2003 this summer. You might have seen Adrian's post
looking for builders here: http://news.lugnet.com/events/?n=821.

When and where?
SIGGRAPH 2003 is at the San Diego Convention Center, July 27-31. For more
info, visit http://www.siggraph.org/s2003/.

What's going on:
SIGGRAPH's Special Sessions chair asked me and a few others to help put on a
LEGO display inside of the event. We're going to be in an area of the San
Diego Convention Center called The Sails, which as I understand will be the
crossroads of the conference. The reason we're there is to give the
attendees some fun activities to do while they wait for sessions, or when
they want to relax.

We (Adrian, Matt Gerber, myself, and the SIGGRAPH people) put together plans
for a 30x30 area - half of that space will be used for a collaborative brick
build, a quarter to help promote First LEGO League, and a quarter for LDraw.

The LDraw section will feature 4 PC's, signage, and literature. I plan to
hang out and let people try the tools hands-on, while teaching them. Perhaps
we'll do some PowerPoints, depending on the layout of the display area
(10x10 for LDraw).

I'm looking for extra people to share the fun with and to lighten the load.
If we have a handful of LDraw volunteers, we can switch off when we're
tired, and get the chance to enjoy parts of the conference too! If you are
interested and can make it out this summer, please email me at
tim@ldraw.org. Thanks!!

Hope to see you there!

-Tim