 Events / 267
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 21:13:14 GMT

Hey all,

I have been kicking this idea around myself, especially since the mech
builders who didn't make it to BrickFest were so jazzed about attending
BrickFest next year. I even solicited a few e-mail responses about it.

Here are some of my ideas:

Name: BricksWest (Cute? Clever? Dumb? What?)

Date: Late November-December-the opposite of BrickFest for those with the
resources to do both coasts-possibly January, about the same diff'...we
COULD still pull one off THIS year...

Location: Something more central is preferred...Santa Maria, where I'm
at-Central Coast California-is probably either too north or too south. San
Francisco might be smart, but like Tom said, Carlsbad would probably be
best, resource wise. If California ends up being too far for the Pacifc
North West folks, prehaps two events are called for?

Events: Similar to BrickFest...I'm sure Christina would forward most/all of
their stuff to us to organize from. Obviously, with LEGOLAND and Disneyland
(LIC at Downtown Disney) and all, Southern California would have the best
outside activities, everything else just requires several conference rooms
or the like. Here in town I have the Santa Barbara County Fairgrounds, and
could get time there with no problem...there should be something similar to
this everywhere.

I've done event management, and wouldn't mind organizing the overall event
(yes...that's me volunteering...don't tell my wife!). If it's way out of my
area, I'll also help remotely.

So? What do you all think? Weigh in with choices on location, dates, etc.
here, or e-mail me, and I'll be happy to start sorting ideas together. I'll
put up a temporary web site for organizing notes and all if it's called for,
also.

Matt