 Events / 2125
2124  |  2126
Subject:
DelVaLUG to exhibit at Wizard World Philadelphia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.loc.us.de, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 13:16:16 GMT

DelVaLUG, the Delaware Valley LEGO Users Group, will be exhibiting at the Wizard World Philadelphia pop-culture expo on 15-17 June, 2007. The event is held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.

Featured elements of the display will be custom models tied to three of this summer’s action movies: “Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer,” “Spider-Man 3,” and “The Transformers.”

Behind the scenes: This is an event that DelVaLUG members first proposed before the 2006 show, but we finally approached Wizard Entertainment this April. You have to be diplomatic when cold-calling, and cite the right advantages; but they were very happy to have us. After all, the company isn’t just comic books -- it does publish the magazines ToyFare and ToyWishes, so a toy-based display that can adapt itself to the show’s themes is definitely appropriate.

We’ll be using this event for AFOL promotion and club recruitment; the product literature distributed at BrickFest will be used. Since I’m deeply involved with the Philcon SF convention, I’ll also be promoting that. It’s not a big segue; a matter of “Oh, and we’ll be appearing later this year at Philcon -- different theme, much more convivial, and you get to build with the parts.”