 Events / 1804
1803  |  1805
Subject:
Brick Bash 2006 A Success!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickbash, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:20:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Brick Bash 2006 was held on Saturday, March 11, in Ann Arbor, Michigan.

This was the second year for this event, and it was a great success, experiencing a growth of more than 200% from the previous year. Thirteen exhibitors from around the Great Lakes region came to show off their creations, and 700 visitors from around Southeastern Michigan came by to see everything.

Pictures are at the Bricks for Brains gallery.

We had a great variety of exhibits, including:
  • Great Ball Contraption and other mechanical stuff.
  • Two great train layouts.
  • Cars, trucks, and spacecraft.
  • Robotics, including free robotics lessons all day long.
  • Incredible Technic trucks.
  • Large models (football stadiums, a giant ship, a wind tunnel, etc).
  • and the ever-popular free-building area.
The goal of Brick Bash is to evangalize the hobby, introducing it to more members of the general public, and we certainly met that goal this year. There was a steady stream of people coming through the door, and we attracted a good amount of random pepple walking by the venue.

Brick Bash has outgrown the venue that hosted the event these past two years, and I might already have a larger place lined up for next year.

Thank you to all the exhibitors (below), and we’ll see you next year!
  • Geoerge Albercook / Rocks & Robots
  • Steven Badenhop
  • Nathan Bell
  • Michael Boettcher
  • Jim Chylik
  • Brian Davis
  • Mark Hollingsworth
  • Dave Laswell
  • Chris Leach
  • Zach Sweigart
  • Crystal Woolley
  • Joe Woolley
  • Duane Collicott (me)
  • And last but not least, my two sons the LEGO addicts.