 Events / 1787
1786  |  1788
Subject:
By Air, By Rail Festival July 21-23 Open Invitation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 18:41:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greetings All,

IndyLUG is proud to announce the By Air, By Rail Festival to be held in Fotville, IN (just northeast of Indianapolis) on July 21-23, 2006.

http://www.myfortville.com/by-air-by-rail.shtml

The organizers were so impressed with our displays/layouts last year they have offered our club over 4,500 square feet of space this year. It’s an air conditioned Middle School Cafeteria/Gymnasium with level floors that will be secured and locked each evening.

We would like to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to clubs and individuals to come and participate with us at this event. While the primary themes of the show are trains and planes, we have been given permission to display castle and space themes as well. The train layout will be the largest IndyLUG has done (roughly 35’ x 35’) and we hope to expand it by integrating other club’s layouts with our own.

We are also planning on some social activities after show hours that will give visiting participants a chance to meet some great AFOLs. We are currently looking into accommodations for out-of-towners and may have a few spare bedrooms available from local members. We are also trying to secure a block of hotel rooms, but the expense will be the responsibility of the visitor.

We are very excited to have this chance to host other clubs at a show and look forward to hearing from interested parties/individuals.

If interested, please respond to jedspurgREMOVE@iupui.edu as soon as possible.

Jeramy Spurgeon IndyLUG