 Events / 1626
1625  |  1627
Subject:
LEGO Inside Tour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.legoland.billund
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 17:37:05 GMT

I was looking for postings to LUGNET about the LEGO Inside Tour and have found
nothing. So, I decided to post a few details and send you off to previous posts
at LEGO Fan.org.

First, I attended the first LEGO Inside Tour on May 26, 27, and 28 of 2005 and
it was fantastic. Another group is about to go and I wish them the same if not
better tour than we got.

I posted some rather long posts on LEGO Fan.org in the Forums area:

http://www.legofan.org/FORUMS/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=51

Never having been to Europe I had some trepidation at traveling. All of my fears
and anxiety was dissuaded by a terrific expereince. In fact, I am considering a
three park tour next year during a week or 2 of travel to Denmark, Germany, and
Great Britian.

There were so many great aspects to the trip that it is hard to narrow down to
just one or two things to share with you all. I would have to say, for the sake
of brevity, that the 2 best parts were talking to Kjeld and hearing some company
secrets and getting to rummage through the Element Shop in the Designers
Offices. I can truely say that Kjeld is a child at heart still in love with the
product his father and grandfather developed over the years. And from the
historical display, a part of the tour, it is easy to see the impact that Kjeld
had on the LEGO Company over his tenure.

What is there to say about the Element Shop. Imagine going into a warehouse
bigger than a 4 car garage and being able to browse the stack and leave with a
couple hand fulls of parts. Too cool for words!

With the ownership or rather the control of the parks up for sale, it is not
clear if there will be a third go around at the LEGO Inside Tour. Let's hope
they make it an annual experience that can be shared by LEGO Fans and Families
in the future.

Todd