 Events / *956 (-100)
  Request For Information About Ms. Carlson

I was contacted by Ms. Carlson shortly before I had to run out of Brickfest (sm) to take care of some business on Saturday, which caused me not to be able to discuss at length her proposal. I am curious how many others were contacted by her and (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: PNLTC show August 4 & 5 at Legoland California

Well, if it's half as good as you say it will be, er... Haf, then it will be a whole lot of fun! If my cousin weren't getting married that weekend on the right coast, I'd be there! Good luck to you all, and bring plenty of film!!! :-) (...) <hint: (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  PNLTC show August 4 & 5 at Legoland California

From the club that crushed the world's record for longest LEGO train track last August... As mentioned in the current issue of LEGO Mania magazine... Join the Pacific Northwest LEGO Train Club the first weekend of August (that's like 2 weeks away, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events) !!

  Re: BrickFest Archives

my pics are at (URL) url will change when we move to the new house Daniel "Christina Hitchcock" <chitchco@mail.gmu.edu> wrote in news:GGq2oq.G9A@lugnet.com: (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Troy's Picture Achieves of Brickfest (sm)

I would like at this time to publicly commend Troy's efforts to record as many things as possible that were there at Brickfest(sm). I cannot express my appreciation of the level commitment that you put into capture all the images that you did. His (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Archives

(...) (URL)Mine shall be uploaded... soon. Well hop to it, girl! =) ~Nathan (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Archives

This is a list of all the castle-related links I've got so far. Garrett's Pics (URL) Roberts' Pics (URL) Pics (URL) Pics (URL) Pics (URL) Olson's Pics (URL) Pics (URL) Foulds': (URL) shall be uploaded... soon. -Shiri (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Archives

(...) Here are the pictures I took: (URL) primarily of LFB's (amazing) ship, but there are a few other pics too. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: security

(...) HEY! I finally figured out what the security guard was up to that night at BrickFest: (URL) is OBVIOUSLY taking a video course on self-podiatry! He just has to practice on his lunch break... ...except here, unless he wants to be an (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Western LUG Convention

(...) What I like is Con-Struction :) -john, humorless toad jcfiala@cssltd.com (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest Space and Mecha pics uploaded

Ah, Thanks Bram! Gary Bram Lambrecht <bram@cwru.edu> wrote in message news:MABBIBJJFOJIOHD...wru.edu... (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: BrickFest Archives

(...) scan through the "recent" section of Brickshelf to see bunches of them... If we have posted to brickshelf do you also want them re-sent??? I hate to waste the bandwidth (those poor electrons get tired) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  LDraw Parts Talk at BrickFest (was: Re: Question about posting DAT files here)

(...) Ooo, good question. *Did* anyone tape it? I don't think so, but my face was mostly pointed at the monitor the whole time, not looking around. I don't know that the 'talk' itself was anything great. I went through the process of writing a (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

(...) communication (...) We have absolutely no plans to trademark the logo we used in 2001. The only thing we are considering is the word "Brickfest". KL (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Brickfest Train Pictures Posted

(...) Thanks alot for these great pictures! I wish I've had the chance to visit the brickfest. Leg Godt! Ben (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

(...) IANAL, but the one I spoke with said to use SM because the event is a service, not a product. I don't think it has anything to do with temporary/long term use. A quick search of the net indicates that TM and SM are functionally equivalent but (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  RE: Brickfest Space and Mecha pics uploaded

(...) black hinges. --Bram 1) (URL) Adrian is on the right, Henry Lim is on the left. Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Brickfest Train Pictures Posted

(...) I would like to say congrats to all the builders that had items on display, they look great! Thanks Troy for taking the time to take pictures of all the rooms & posting tham for us all to enjoy. Jonathan (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

Some research I did on the matter from USPTO sources and our own USDOCs library here at Univ.of Georgia suggests that (sm) is in fact (TM) or ™. The (sm) is not even recognized as an abbreviation and a call to a local patent attorney indicated that (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Brickfest Train Pictures Posted

I've finally gotten around to uploading the pics from the Train room at Brickfest. They can be found here: (URL) believe that should do it for all of my pictures. The main directory can be found here: (URL) you have any questions or comments, let me (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brickfest Space and Mecha pics uploaded

Whos is this? (URL) realy like it, its so simple, yet so complex! Gary I wish I had more of those hinges Troy Cefaratti <mnementh@dsl.telocity.com> wrote in message news:GGq14L.C3I@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: BrickFest Archives

(...) Kevin - will the camera archives be made available at some point? If I find pictures in them, should I copy them or will you leave them up (will the Brickfest 2000 camera archives stay up? I link to several for my Pirate Game writeup). I'd (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Archives

I'd like to collect as many BrickFest pictures as possible together in one place. I'm hoping everyone could help me by sending their images of BrickFest 2001 (URL) was able to find some already but if I missed any(I'm sure I have), send them my way (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest Space and Mecha pics uploaded

I've uploaded some more pictures from Brickfest. Space: (URL) to come soon.... Troy (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

(...) About a servicemark being temporary? I am sure that they are used in this way in many cases. A servicemark can be given to anything, and some folks do use them for long term service, but in the case of infringement, they have much less legal (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

(...) I put a single red 2x4 brick on a card that said Galaxy Enforcer in the Freestyle (k8) room but it didn't win. Sorry about that Jude (I signed his name)... (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Western LUG Convention

(...) People may not be intentionally trying to destroy the name, but using it generically DOES disassociate the name with the event. Just as calling any soda a "Coke" or Megabloks "Legos" or a Canon copier a "Xerox Machine" disassociates the name (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

(...) Right. Knew that but good confirmation. Note the difference between TM and (R)... (to other readers). You can use the TM symbol, and it's a good practice to do so on things that you want to assert trademark for, without any other requirement. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

(...) ...now off to finish my 'Galaxy Enforcer.' :-D -Tim (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

"Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> wrote in message news:GGos20.FnK@lugnet.com... (...) unless (...) I agree 100%. (...) of (...) People here are now complaining about the tone that the Brickfest planners have posted with in order to protect their (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Brickfest pictures

While I know we didn't get everything there (there was so much to see!), here's our pictures from Brickfest... Enjoy :) (URL) & Jenn (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

I don't care where in that span - I have season passes to LLC and 6 Flags, so I'd go to one or the other on the way down or back ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Western LUG Convention

I would suggest Brick-con (say: Bri-con). -Shiri (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Western LUG Convention

Then there is FestWest - numerous organizations have used this term before and it seems to work for them! And don't overlook the million ways to make sick puns out of the word 'convention' - Brick-Kon, Con-Festeration, Con-tinental Brick-Fest (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

Kevin Loch wrote in message ... (...) conventions, (...) Sigh. I guess it was my initial post referring to a "Brickfest West" or "Brickfest Northwest" which sparked this name argument. For the record, it never occurred to me that it would be taken (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

<snip> I think the LTC's & LUG's should go to multipe places each year, like a big place such as LegoLand. But the only stipulation would be that you need more advertisement, & more then one layout, thatly prove what you can actully do, it'll draw (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

(...) Trademark is used for a name, phrase, logo, etc. identifying a product, usually registered (but not always...and not always necessary. First use usually will suffice as a trademark unless a real legal fight is engaged over it), and gives you (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

(...) IANAL and I truly just want to know, is it (tm) or (sm)? What determines the difference? Is (sm) for non profits?? Thanks! (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Western LUG Convention

"BricksWest" is so close to "Brickfest". How about LUGFEST? -.02, John (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Western LUG Convention

Matthew Gerber (in (URL) suggested calling it "BricksWest" and I think that's a great idea. It should be different enough from "Brickfest(sm)" to avoid offending the owners of that service mark, yet similar enough for it to be clear what it is to (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

(...) Kevin, I am asking this in all seriousness. Please take the time to answer here as honestly and as well as you possibly can. What exactally do you, and the several others you mention, believe is happening here in regards to the threads about a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Brickfest(sm) Service Mark

(...) If you use the word Brickfest as a generic term applying to other conventions, it dillutes it as an identifier of the quality show that we produce. Brickfest(SM) is a service mark belonging to myself and several others who are responsible for (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: The Fest out West (was Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest)

tom wrote: <snip> (...) Nope. It will be the biggest exposition of LEGO trains the world has ever seen! People from around the world will be attending. Brad will be there to unveil some cool surprise (...maybe, but certainly there will be TLC (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.trains.org)

  next BayLUG meeting

Just a friendly reminder that the next BayLUG meeting is this Sunday, July 22, from 12-4 at the Fremont Library. For more info check out the web site at (URL) David Simmons, please email me by Saturday. Your email bounces and I need to know if you (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.events)

  The Fest out West (was Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest)

(...) Exactly. And it really sickens me to see how much of a stink the east-coasters are being about us even using the name as reference. Brickfest has made a name for itself, and it is nobodys wishes to take away from that, our fest is a differrent (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: IOLTC (was: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest)

(...) That was then;-) We are now going by ILTCO:-) (...) Oh, yes. More than talk. We are going to make it happen. (...) Looking forward to seeing y'all:-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

In lugnet.events, Eric Kingsley writes: <much good stuff snipped> (...) Or, "Ambassadors for the brick, with an emphasis on trains". I know the GMLTC spends *much* more time creating buildings, scenery, vehicles, etc., than we do creating trains. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on a few points I guess... (...) First I can only speek from experiance and that experiance is with NELUG. I agree some LUGs may not be as focused as others but you could say the same for LTCs I think. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  IOLTC (was: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest)

(...) I thought it was IOLTC. (...) Wasn't there some talk of a IOLTC event in Minnesota next year? I was hoping to combine this with our biannual Chicago road trip. And yes, that IS a Seattle to Chicago road trip with 5 small children. A monstrous (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) YES! Testify my brother! *AMEN* *A-MEN* 8?) Matt (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

(...) See my post above. "International" refers to the membership. We are an organization of train clubs from different countries. (...) A city in which an LTC is based (or chooses to call its base). GMLTC- Minneapolis NGLTC- Atlanta GFLTC- (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Agree and disagree. You are right, if there were more fests in different areas, many people would be more likely to go local/regional than to go national. Some would still go to a 'national' fest. But I disagree, to the extent that regional (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

In lugnet.events, Tom Stangl writes: if there were any conflicts, SW would win out if it (...) Quickie mental calculations place that somewhere around the Lego Store at Disneyland? :-) Bruce (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

(...) Well, actually, the ILTCO is comprised of LTCs from Canada, Germany, Italy, and the US. *Where* we hold the convention is irrelevant. (...) Yes, and some Germans have said that they would come to the US to attend such a convention. Italy, (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

(...) I think is already been said but an International LEGO Train COnvention that moves across country (USA infered) doesn't sound very international. Second what is an "LTC-hosted city"? Is Boston an "LTC-hosted city"? Technically there isn't an (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

(...) That reminds me of my first reaction to baseball's World Series. "So which countries are participating in this event?" Perceive well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Brickfest Castle Room Pictures uploaded

(...) i second the motion! superb pictures, troy! thank you so much! later ~ craig~ (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle)

  Clarifications and an apology (was: Re: How about a Brickfest West?)

I hope that everyone involved in the thread about a possible West Coast 'Brickfest-style' event will read this post. It clarifies my position on a few things that seem to have been skewed by posters to the thread, and is also posted by way of public (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Pro - more people would have a chance to attend if there was a NW and SW Con - some people would only attend one, or neither, if there were both a NW and SW (I personally MIGHT attend both, but it would depend on how much time off I had and the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

(...) Is it really right to call it INTERNATIONAL LTC if you just plan on touring the states? Germany has a rather large train contingent. USLTC, maybe. (...) Uh, that's what I've been saying all along ;-) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Rest of my pics are up

(...) Yes. They are in the same folder, tail end: (URL) with this one: (URL) it took me another day to get the camera unloaded. That combined Amtrak(tm) looked great. Robin's lights and Kevin's thrum-thrum pulling many coaches. Rocked! Also shows (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  More Brickfest Pics

Hi All, Here are some of the Pics I took while attending Brickfest: (URL) Jim F. (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Hmmmmm, how'bout LEGOPALOOZA!!! Daniel #574 (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Thank You :)

(...) I'd like to second that. Brickfest was the most fun I have had in years. I look forward with great anticipation to Brickfest 2002! (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) <snip> Uhhmmm... poor choice of metaphor on my part. Ok, try this one. Uniformed people calling Lego brick "Legos" or other building brick clones "Lego." I can hear the groans now... sorry. Really. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Oddly, I got the copy with the Guarded Inn in it after I ordered a pair of inns. The summer catalog I got today along with my Inns (yippie!) is the version, ironically, without the Inn. I was idly looking at the catalog scratching my head as (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Whoa! Let's all stay calm. I don't read what Richard said that way at all. Rather I think it was a comment to my comment advocating that they put a TM on it right away... My take is that he's saying he doesn't think that in THIS community (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: *RESULTS-New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey-RESULTS*

(...) Thank you Larry, I appreciate it. I'll take raw data, too. And I don't need names/addresses/phone/e-mail or any other personal data, so if you have the option, please don't forward this info (just out of courtesy to the folks who attended, you (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: *RESULTS-New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey-RESULTS*

(...) OK... I have a copy of the program which has it. So the softcopy exists somewhere... give it a few days and I will type it in if I have to but I doubt that would be necessary. (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Do you really have THAT low of an opinion of those of us discussing this topic. We're theives now? Come on, Richard. No one has announced 'Brickfest: The West Coast Edition That Is Only Here To Screw WAMALUG Out Of Their Event And Trademark'. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: *RESULTS-New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey-RESULTS*

(...) Nope, I checked there before, just the names are up. I'm not keen to ask any of the folks from DC to gather up any info either...they need their rest. Matt (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I wish I'd known eight months ago about Lugnet - I'd have come to visit you! My best friend is down there, but now, she's moving up to Grand Forks, ND. Looks like CO Springs is about 1000-1200 miles from here - I'm just looking at my son's (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) <snip> First of all, I'd like to make a couple of disclaimers so that there is no ambiguity in *my* opinion, and those in WAMALUG and those who were directly on the "Brickfest" committee. 1) My statements/opinions are my own, and noone elses. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Checking head for hatchet....no? Whew. Oh alright...it's so hard to stay annoyed with a Muffin Head. Bruce (needing a more innocuous name ...hmmmm.... Baron von Schlickbernd ....uhhhh..... no) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Ok, from my perspective, it REALLY looks like you're championing LA. At any rate, There's been too much finger pointing all over the place. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. <bury> hatchet </bury> ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

In lugnet.events, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) I agree, but I also think that the questions of where/when et al are secondary to someone actually committing to put in the work. If it's a Seattle group that digs in and organizes it, it'll be (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: *RESULTS-New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey-RESULTS*

(...) You can get a pretty close sense by going to the brickfest.org site and looking at the roster of registrants which I believe includes state info. Only 10 registrants did not show, and several of THEM paid their attendance so will get packets (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Guys, guys... I think I can speak relatively dispassionately because I'd come to either place or both... both are equally far away for me. Let's not get into who said what to who. I think the question of whether a fest should be held northish, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) It was an evening fest the evening of the first day the park was officially open... held at a condo community hall of someone that has a Carlsbad timeshare and was able to book space... seemed big at the time but it is way small now that we've (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Let's see, you point a finger at me claiming that I am championing Los Angeles for selfish reasons (which I pointed out is inaccurate, since I'm not championing Los Angeles or any place in particular) while simultaneously admitting that you (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Greg Kramer writes: <snip> (...) OK, so what happens with 10001 and 10002 ? They have missed the (current) catalog mailing. WIll they get a bump from the S@H online store, or will they get 'bumped' when the next catalog (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Ok, the finger pointing has started. I think I'm done now. Have a nice day. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) That only shows that on this specific set, the rest of the enthusiasts and us have the same opinion. And I think Lego anticipated that, or else they wouldn't have re-released the set. It doesn't show that it's selling better than the other (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: WEST COAST EVENT-A COMPILATION OF ANSWERS

(...) I think public discussion is good, up to a point, and that point may have been reached. It's been clearly established that there is a desire from West Coast folks for at least one festival closer than DC. From here, wether there's 1, or 2, or (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Brickfest, Westfest, Whateverfest

Here's how I see it. 1. Brickfest has become a great event, put on by the WAMALUG. If I were them, I would have no desire to take their show on the road. It is a regional event open to anyone who wishes to come. 2. Those in the West should form (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Remember the comment about the Guarded Inn? Orders from "kids" vastly outnumbered orders from "adults" once the S@H catalog hit the streets. WRT juniorization, the prevailing argument is that it targets the 4-7 age range with easy to build, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Regianal Conventions was Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) One aspect of multiple regional and a single national event would allow is for a competitve structure to some of the gaming and non-gaming aspects. Using BrickWars as an example the regional conventions could have regional competitions in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) on (...) Opps! Either I forgot about the 40 that did attend the opening ceremony or I never heard about it. I remember a guy named Gary, but I had no idea he passed. I really wish I had heard of it, I would have gone. I archived a bunch of (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) That's why I used the phrase "we alone". If others want it -- not just us -- I think they'll do it [make the set, bulk pack, whatever]. But as for the comment that what we want sells better than the other stuff, I didn't hear that at all in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: WEST COAST EVENT-A COMPILATION OF ANSWERS

(...) I have to say, I really hope that it's a *single* west coast event. If there's 1 west coast event, there's a good chance I'll go to it. If there are 2, I probably won't end up going to either, which is kinda sad, but just the way it is. I'd be (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) While on the hole I agree with you. I wonder what you have to back up your statement that "the kind of things we want sell much better that the things their marketing dept. want's to sell"? Was something said at Brickfest that gave you this (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Tom Stangl suggested SoCal, and he isn't from L.A. I think L.A. is too far south, and I'm from L.A. What I keep seeing (and you keep reinforcing) is that several Northwesterners view this as an us vs. them thing, and I keep trying to say can't (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: security

Maybe someone could make an mpeg of it. I don't have an encoder handy. KL (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: *RESULTS-New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey-RESULTS*

(...) You know what? I left Seattle there on purpose, and then completely forgot to type anything about it. Thanks for catching me! I meant to say something like "Seattle and Carlsbad are neck and neck, so the possibility of two events seems more (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Shell stuff, at Brickfest

(...) I resemble that participant! It's now the official MICHLUG/MICHLTC flag. :-) I stand by my assertion that Denise knows a lot, whether she did the flags or not. And if anyone wants to disagree, go argue with Kevin. :-) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Disagree. Gary Louie was in the midst of organising it before he sadly and unexpectedly passed away. A number of other people carried the torch and made it happen. I still have my badge from it, it was the largest fest *I* had been to up until (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Except when you realize that the kind of things we want sell much better than the things their marketing dept. want's to sell. They shouldn't make sets the way we want them because we want to buy them, but because that's what most parents and (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  WEST COAST EVENT-A COMPILATION OF ANSWERS

I apologize in advance for the length of this post. The overall subject of a West Coast event to supplement/enhance the BrickFest event in Washington DC is being lost in the usual semantics and debate. As people take it upon themselves to nitpick (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) What came across loud and clear is that sales to us are a very small minority. We alone are not enough to make or brake the projections for a specific set. We alone are not worth justifying creation of a new set, service pack, or bulk (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) What "powers that be"? Who might that be? Seems to me like there are some NW people and some LA people, and we each want a 'fest to be local. (...) I think that could have been worded more politely. I haven't called your opinion "crying." (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact