 Dear LEGO / 5580
Re: Four sets reviewd, but only one good one, so be warned!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2008 00:28:19 GMT

In lugnet.reviews, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.reviews, Richie Dulin wrote:
   (Note that I don’t know, and that I’m not wearing my Ambassador’s hat here). I would guess that costs are a major consideration, and that the NAFTA has had a bearing on this - keep in mind that the USA is LEGO’s biggest market.

The USA is the largest market only in the sense that we barely buy more total product than Germany since the debut of the LEGO Star Wars line.

Well, yes... that’s why I called it the biggest market.

   Germany still has the highest per-capita sales by a massive margin, and the EU (which was comparably sized to the US before they started inducting ex-Communist nations) blows us away in terms of total combined sales.

IIRC, LEGO regards the various EU countries as seperate markets. It certainly has different distribution strategies between them. But I could be wrong.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

(Please consider FUT if replying. Thanks)