 Dear LEGO / 5269
Re: Technic Designers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:34:26 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mark Neumann wrote:

SNIP good points

   in addition to that, I propose this:

Technic focused designer sets. Better value brick buys, that the creations within are designed getting the most out of your techinc parts. How to make really strong joints, like for a tipper, or a crane, or a drawbridge. Lots of little examples that show simple machines at work. A basic lower priced set with lots of studded beams (to further encourage incorporation into the brick) lots of gears in a variety of sizes, incuding worm elements, assorted technic connectors and brackets. Then highlight gearing and power transfers. Shoot, incude parts for a supercar transmission, that alone will keep someone mesmorized for hours.

Lots of parts. (not limited by the not so many peices you tend to get in a regular set) Low price. (we want to Encourage activity in this) basics, basics, basics. (the how-to)

C’mon. Please.

Mark

I absolutely agree. the Technic basic sets of yesteryear were GREAT for this type of bulk, open-ended creativity. For me, these 3 sets are my technic designer sets:

The yellow set went with me every where for the 1st few months -year i had it.

Jeff