 Dear LEGO / 4847
4846  |  4848
Subject:
A Non-Griping Letter With Gasp! Praise for Lego!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 01:36:07 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I visit Lugnet every day to see what people are saying about my favorite hobby,
and it seems to me that just about every other post is a gripe about Lego...
whether it be about the new colours or the new sets...  Well, I thought maybe
for once a letter praising Lego would be nice for a change.  First of all, I
love the new colours... bring on more!  The more the merrier!  Fleshtoned
minifigures?  Giddy up, works for me!  The new Knights Kingdom sets?  I think
they're pretty cool myself... I especially love the new Alpha Team assortment...
the Ice Blade is shear genius... More please!

I'm sure alot of people will think that I'm 10 years old...  well 31 going on 10 is more like it...  Fortunately I've been blessed with the ability to revert back to a 10 year old while building with Lego and while watching the new Star Wars movies (yes, I love JarJar!)   Something I think that people need to realize is that Lego is meant for CHILDREN...  its great that adults love to use it...  just bear in mind that when Lego is making their product they are more worried about what a 10 year old thinks then what a 40 year old would think about it...  Besides, in my opinion I think Lego has done a pretty good job of giving older builders some of what they like as well...  I point to the Imperial Star Destroyer set for proof of this, not to mention all the bulk bricks available...

So, I guess what some people would say to those griping about colours and set
designs and what not would be "grow up!", but I don't think that the answer...
they need to "grow down!", do what I do, become that 10 year old again...  I
build with Lego to get away from it all...  I don't worry about paying the rent
or making my car payment while I'm building...  Lego helps me feel young, and I
thank Lego for that!

So Lego, keep up the good work!  This 31/10 year old can't wait to see what you
have in store for us next!

Sincerely,

Marlon Wuytenburg