 Color / 821
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 03:52:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Two words: Blay = Blyecch

I’m sure that I’ll eventually buy some of the 2004 sets -- just because I’m a die-hard Space and Star Wars collector -- but it’ll be with a certain lack of enthusiasm, and I’ll try to swap out as many of the blay parts as I can with real gray parts.

By the way, I don’t really have much of a problem with the addition of the blay and blown, etc. What has made me really depressed is the removal ltogether of classic gray and brown. I just can’t help thinking that whoever conducted the study didn’t understand color theory very well, especially subtle metameric differences, and pulled a fast one on the rest of the company.

Anyway:

My purchases per year before blay: lots and lots. My purchases after blay was introduced: $250 or so -- but all pre-2004 sets.

Todd Lehman Boston, MA USA

p.s. Nods on this thread to Kelly McKiernan, Dave Shuler, and Geoffrey Hyde.