 Color / 437
Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:31:41 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.general, Randall Lee Crabtree wrote:
To LUGNET users:

For the past 7 months I have heard too much about the color issues. It is time
to put the issue behind us and move on for the good of the community. Sometimes
I think that all of you forgot that this is a toy. A toy for kids that we are so
lucky to get to play with.  If you HATE the change so much sell your LEGO®.
LEGO® WILL NOT change back. So stop crying like a little school girl who just
scraped her knee. I’ve seen all the rants, cartoons, and stupid little form
letters to send to Jake. Give the man a rest. Better yet tell him thank you.

To Jake:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R. Lee Crabtree
Hardlug
Hampton Roads Lego Users Group

You know what I am fed up with?  I am fed up with a zillion posts saying stop
crying you babies.  You people who are opposed to the voicing of dissent are the
ones causing most of the "stirring of the pot" right now, as far as I can see.

What is the need to suck up to Lego anyway?  Sure, I am all for giving props to
Lego for all the good things they do.  I am all for keeping a positive attitude.
I especially think that we should recognize that Jake has done some pretty good
things for us, and that personal attacks on him are unwarranted.  But man, some
people seem to be opposed to any "bad words against thy holy Lego Company."
Whats up with that?

If you want to complain about Color protesters who hijack threads, go ahead.
That is a relevant topic.  In fact, that is the only downside to the color
discussion that I see, where some people are disrupting the communication flow
between TLC and the fans (or sometimes even between other fans) by going off on
a tangent.  That said, not every disparaging comment about the new colors is a
tangent.  People are going to keep asking if various product offereings (e.g.
pick-a-brick items) will be old or new grey.  Quite reasonable, as there could
be some confusion there.

What I don't understand is starting a new thread that is totally inflammatory
about the new colors.  You also started it in the wrong newsgroup, thus causing
the very same problem that I complain about above--disrupting communications.
If you want the new color issue to die down, then let it lie.  Some people will
keep complaining.  Just ignore them.  If most people agree with you, then they
will be summarily ignored.

The problem is, I don't think most people agree with you.  This issue has
touched a nerve in the community and it will continue to hurt until something
real is done to fix it.  People are still quite confused as to why this decision
was made.  I know jake explained it, and I believe his explanation, but it still
doesn't make sense!  It also causes us to doubt every product that might have
grey in it--which is most of them.  This is why it was such a big problem.  It
touches to much of the product line.

Anyway, I was mostly annoyed at one more flaming statement against color
protest.  Honestly, I wonder why more people aren't upset with the click hinge
as permanent replacement for finger hinges.  That one upsets me more than the
color change.

Oh, and yea, keep this out of .general.  FUT -> .color.  In fact, I am just
gonna post this to color, so .general doesn't have to wade thru my rants!

-Alfred