 Color / 1037
Re: CEO-Letter // The answer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2005 23:23:36 GMT

In lugnet.color, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In lugnet.color, Christian Treczoks wrote:
Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/97463.htm
It is quite disappointing that he basically only rephrased Jakes writings.

What value has an apology even from a CEO on behalf of his company, if
there is no intent whatsoever to remedy the situation? Sorry, but I
can't accept this "apology". • <snip>
It is not just a matter of switching colors for most people who have a lot of
old and new gray.  It is that TLG is VERY stingy when it comes to producing
parts in specific colors.  Take the 2x2 classic windows for example.  In gray
they were only found in 1 early 80's set, the European only #7740 Intercity
train.  None seen since in any sets, and these are going for $4-$7 in Bricklink.
Same situation for the 2x2x3 double convex steep slopes in gray.  They are
mighty rare and expensive in Bricklink, $4-$10 each.  And neither of these parts
are available in the new gray.

There is finally a complete selection of old gray regular sloped bricks (all 12
types are available).  Ditto for the low slopes (with the 3x3 double convex) and
steep slopes (with that rediculously expensive 2x2x3 double convex and the 2x2x2
peak).  Now with new gray, you cannot get a complete system of slopes.  It may
take years and years for all the necessary blue-gray parts to finally come out
in some future sets (and then in Bricklink).  Ditto for Lego windows/doors.

So if TLG is serious about how badly they feel, then they could show it by
making some goodwill gestures by providing some old/new gray parts that may not
otherwise be available, or not available for years to come.

Gary Istok

Hah!, Try getting into pneumatics in any significantly meaningful fashion. They
redesigned the switches and released a couple of set with them, but they are
still $3-$10 in lots of <10 for the most part and Shop@Home wants $4.50 for
replacements with only a few (<15 according to the rep I spoke to) available
outside of the Backhoe which still has fewer switches than cylinders. The only
alternative is Leog Education which only has the bulkier old syle, although the
price is much better at a 5-pack for $10 (limited quantity).
I need ~30 switches for my current project.. that'd mean eaither $150 to the
only bricklink seller with >15 or 4 more backhoes (which are now discontinued).
Repeated requests for the revival of the old pneumatic accessories pack have
fallen upon deaf ears, and we're not even asking for a specific color (although
I suspect people would trip out if they were other than the expected Grey
(Bley?) switches and yellow/black cylinders...