 Castle / 7739

Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 16:39:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Gowing writes:

I would therefore suggest that a "Lord of the Rings" line would be far more
appropriate for TLG to be developing. The film is due for release in
December 2002. It is truly fantasy based, mediaeval, full of knights,
wizards, castles, dragons, etc.. I agree that the size of the Hobbits could
be a problem, but what the heck, they are fantasy figures, so there is more
scope for imagination.

Actually, the first of three LotR movies is out Decemeber 14, 2001.  About
309 days from now, give or take a few hours.  Not that I'm counting, or
anything. :)

I think that sets based on LotR would be super-cool, and I'd probably buy
all of them, even if horrid, much like the die-hard SW fans are buying all
the SW sets.

Of course, if SW is any predictor, we won't get any orcs until the 3rd year
of the license, and then we'll get 1 in a $50 Cirith Ungol playset. :(

And of course, there's the other great thing about Lego... you don't have to
wait, you can build your own. :)

Hmm...

James

Re: 2002 Lord of the Rings Lego line?