 Castle / 6049
6048  |  6050
Subject:
The Mystery of the Printed Stones
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 01:41:25 GMT

I was looking through an old Brick Kicks magazine from 1993 and this tower
caught my eye, so I thought I'd reproduce it, or something based on it.

Upon closer examination, I discovered that the printing on the castle walls was
reversed left-to-right.  I thought the photo had simply been reversed before
printing in the magazine, until I looked at the printed corners: on them, the
stones are actually upside-down!  The pieces aren't upside-down, since you can
see the notches in the bottom on the upper ones.  (You can see the real piece
on the bottom half of http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6074/6074-10.html).

So are these special corners only available to the master builders?  Were they
indeed released in a set?  Or was the picture doctored before publishing?  (And
if the last, why on earth would they do that?)  Anyway, found it intriguing and
thought I'd share.

Heather, Mistress of Useless Trivia
-----
Heather Patey