 Castle / 5985
5984  |  5986
Subject:
Horse Bardings & Shield Designs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:08:05 GMT

I was curious as to how many different horse bardings (blanket thingie that
goes over the horse) there are.  I have seven different ones and wondered if
there are any more.  What I got:

Red/white Royal Knights w/Lion Head
Blue/"gold" Knights Knigdom w/Lion Head
Maroon/grey Fright Knights
Black/blue/gold Ninja
Red/Yellow w/lion rampant (sorry, long time since I studied heraldry)
Red/blue Black Knight w/Dragon
Blue/black Black Knight w/Dragon

I suppose I should be saying azure, sable, or, argent, etc, but as I noted,
it's a long time since I studied heraldry (gosh, can we say 1974 when D&D came
out).

While I'm at it - and this afterthought is gonna be worse than the original
topic - how about a listing of all shield designs for heater (little
triangular) and kite (big and more rounded) shields?  The trash can lids/round
rumpled shields never seem to have had a design...?

Bruce