 Castle / 5828
Re: Musical Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 22:05:15 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Anthony Sava writes:
Actually the BEST way to build up a medieval army is to order from the Lego
Shop at Home catelog.  You can get any number of 4811 for $1.19 each!  Thats
one new soldier, two crossbows, a shield, and some misc pieces for just $1.19.
You see, their $1.99 each, but there is a discount if you order this set
because it's on page 26 of the catelog.  And yes, the discount is cumulative,
so its just 1.19 for a figure.  It actually works out well, 5 figs for about
the same price as the original minfig set.  So there you go, there is my 2
cents.

It goes without saying that buying minifigs at discount is ALWAYS a better way
of building an army than purchasing at full price <g>.  I got the 6026s at
$3.67 instead of the list $5, for example.  The 4811 is a good current deal
since the figure comes with two crossbows, a quiver, and a shield, so it has
lots of versatility built in.  I liked it better than the recent (SoCal at
least) Shell promo 2538 where there was no shield, no quiver, and only one
crossbow.  But at $1.29, I still bought about 10 of them since the figure
itself was fairly generic and had a decent helmet (kinda slow motion purchase
since it was $2 if you didn't buy gas and I always paid the $1.29 price).  When
you build armies, you are always sniffing around for deals.

Bruce