 Castle / 5172
Re: Historical age of Flying Ninja's Fortress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 00:40:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kung-Khoon Quah writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bradley Dale writes:
I just bought the 6093 Flying Ninja's Fortress last night, and was wondering,
around what century is this subtheme set?

Samurai warriors and landowners were the most powerful group
in Japan from about the 12th to 18th century.  However, castle
building did not begin in earnest until the establishment of
the first Shogunate by Tokugawa Ieyasu (1542 - 1616).  So the
castles were a part of Japanese history from the 15th through
the 16th century and were owned by top samurai (daimyos).
I own 5 sets of 6093s myself and really like the set for the
variety of pieces and the "period" theme.  If you like this you
might want to get the 6089 Stone Temple Bridge which I believe
is also a great set.
Also, here's a link to my site which features Japanese castles
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/kkqwebpage/

and a link to my Ninja themed MOCs

Hope this helps and hope you didn't mind my extra links on MOCs.
KK

Thank you for the very informative reply.