 Castle / 4809
Re: Green Ninjas! and the Red Warlord!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 21:28:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
Anybody notice a disturbing trend with these new minifig packs?...you know,
half as many minifigs as in past years?

I hope the standard retail fig packs don't emulate these collector editions
in the future...The drop from 6 figs to 5 was disturbing enough...I would be
very unhappy if the miifig packs lose another fig or 2 ...

I'll second that.  There is obviously some attempt to create a
collector "type" of lego as it goes out the door -- those big SW sets, and now
these figures that cross theme lines.  Someone here once suggested a marketing
strategy like Beanie Babies for lego and I think this is the result.  I hate
this idea -- it is anethema to everything lego is supposed to be about.

If anyone is listening: we want modular, inexpensive, and expansive NOT single
purpose, expensive, and limited.

@#$&!

-- Richard