 Castle / 4287
4286  |  4288
Subject:
Proof-of-Principle For Evil Being's Lair
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 06:15:56 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi everyone,

I'm not really a .castlehead, but this "proof of principle" has taken a
Castle flavour so I'll post it there too--maybe you'll get a chuckle out
of it.  ;)

The backstory is that I recently bought some Znap, and I happened to put
two "apex" beams close enough together that something, well, znapped in
my head and I decided to build this little mini-MOC.  It's designed to
be a lair for some random bad guy or another, a place from which he or
she can intimidate the hapless peasants--and, well, it's an eye.

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/eyeroom5.jpg

That's the exterior shot.  It shows the "eyeness" of the thing; I
considered trying to put a second eye next to it (I do have the pieces),
but then it would have screamed for eyebrows, a nose, et cetera, and
next thing I knew it would be morning.  Bad move.  So you can take this
general design and apply it however you like; Znap surely is cheap
enough to do it (or to use the semi-Gothic elements to augment your
stonework).  If you don't have enough Znap or another TIE front, you
might just make one eye, or make it a "winking fortress of evil," but
I'm not sure too many peasants would be intimidated by that.

As the .jpg filename implies, it's the fifth of five images there.  The
other four are what makes this .castle--I had to put a throne, the
obligatory Dark Knight, and various other bits into the semi-finished
"room" to check out the feel.  I think the walls need more decoration.

The first is a picture of Our Anti-Hero on his throne:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/eyeroom1.jpg

Followed by a shot of the throne itself (a nice little chair, IMHO).
Pardon the shake, I couldn't get the tripod close enough.

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/eyeroom3.jpg

Then, there's a shot of the Dark Lord of Evil Generic looking out
through the "iris" upon the lands he's devastating *this* week:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/eyeroom4.jpg

And, of course, "Friends Don't Let Friends Time Cruise":

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/eyeroom2.jpg

Or, "Must've been the wrong hat."  (Bullwinkle)

best

Lindsay