 Castle / 4240
4239  |  4241
Subject:
Best SW set for Castle purposes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:50:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

A lot of people use the SW sets to augment their Castle stuff - and I, of
course, do the same.  I was curious what people thought the *best* SW set was,
not as a SW set, but as a purchase for your Castle stuff.  "Best" could be
defined however you want it to be - personally, I think of it as 'best price
for the most useful parts'.

With that in mind, I'll present my vote:

7104 Desert Skiff

This has recently supplanted the Lightsaber Duel in my mind as the best "SW
Castle" set.  Useful parts include:

2 minifigs - Luke can be used to give variation to your Darth Maul monks, and
Han makes an even better townsman than QuiGon does!  Plus, both heads can
easily be used in Castle settings (Darth Maul is a bit more difficult.)  And
more hair is always good!  And there's even a black spear.

Plates!  4x8 dk. grey, 2x4 in brown and tan, 2x10 in tan - if you can't think
of a way to use these you need some help. 8)

Half-octagon brown plates - these fit beautifully with the quarter-octagon
"tree trunk" pieces, so there's *got* to be some use there.  I'll report back
when I've found some good ones.

1x8 dk grey tile

2 dk grey macaroni bricks

Throw in a couple of 1x2 grey bricks and few useful inverse slopes and you can
see why I think this set delivers some serious value.  The only thing I
*really* miss about the Lightsaber Duel are the capes, but this set has a
higher percentage of useful pieces for the same price.

The MTT may change my mind when I finally get ahold of it, but I'm not
certain...I'm far more likely to buy this set "in bulk" than I am the MTT,
just because of the price difference.

sakura @ mediaone.net             Jeff Johnston              jeffj @ io.com
LEGO Page (Set Reviews & MOCs): http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 3/29/2000
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m