 Castle / 3371
Re: the 6088 set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 01:51:35 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Chris Roy writes:
TRUs in Canada aren't what they are in the USA apparently. The only TRU
anywhere near me has few lego aside from the Star Wars sets which they have in
industrial quantaties. The Walmart near me has Time Twister sets on its
shelves. The Bay, a big chain store, has not yet gotten their castle stuff
yet.
It's the small toy stores that I rely upon to get my Lego fix and though I
love
them for it they don't always get all the sets.

Well... I actually never go to TRUs - I don't drive (yet!) and the closest one
to me is ~an hour drive. I often buy in KB (on sale of course - otherwise it's
too expensive :) or in The Construction Site... a small, privately owned
store. So you're not alone... However TCS is truly the best lego store in
Boston (it won 'best toy store of the year') and carries the whole Dacta line
as well as lots of hard to find sets.

Sigh. No wonder canadians go shopping in the states.

;-)
As an Israeli, I always bought sets in the US or Europe (Germany mostly). Now
I live in the US and my "lego fix" is getting stocked up for the years to come
(in which I'll go back to Israel and will prolly buy sets twice a year. Ugh.)

On a completly diffrent note: Shiri, I checked out your castle page and wow.
Impressive.

Thank you! It's really nothing, check out Ed Boxer's Castle (first ever
CLSotW) for the coolest structures I've ever seen, Craig or Jeff S.'s for the
best minifigs, Pawel's and Jeff J's and Eric K's and Dave E's and, oh --too
many excellent sites to mention.
Mine is pale in contrast, believe me ;-)

-Shiri