 Castle / 3198
Re: Polybag vs Boxed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 02:06:34 GMT

There was some confusion when the set first appeared on www.lego.com as it
appeared twice, with different numbers. It seems that 4811 is available in • the
US while 4801 is available in Europe.
Don't know about 4801, but 4811 is definitely polybagged.

Good luck in finding one!
-Shiri

I had been under the impression (thanks to the 'top secret merchandise
catalog') that 4801 was actually boxed, although I could be wrong. At any • rate,
that would be my guess as to the difference.  Note that the instruction • manual
reads 4801/4811 but the polybag only has 4811 on it I believe. After • knowing of
the confusion with 6091/6098, though, it could just be a continent/country
dependancy as Shiri suggests... At present, though, I haven't heard of • anyone
actually seeing a 4801, though, so we may be in the dark for a while (until • one
of our European LUGNETers buys one and posts about it!)

DaveE

The boxed version I got my hands on was marked 4801. Also available (limited
availability I believe) are similarly sized sets 4806 and 4807. Of these
only 4806 is listed in the UK catalogue. 4807 is a small Bulls flame cart
FYI.

(Duckie) Dave Till