 Castle / 3195
Re: lugnet.org.castle.castle-world?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:28:25 GMT

Just what about Castle World isn't castle related??? you want to talk
about building.. go to .build, that's what it's for.  .Castle is for
anything castle related, the front webpage even states:

lugnet.castle– LEGO SYSTEM Castle™: products (information, opinions,
reviews, etc.); building (settings, contexts, characters, projects,
models, layouts, plans, tools, tips, etc.); inspiration (ideas, movies,
books, literature, magazines, music, historical events, etc., as they
relate to Castle); etc.

Then look at all the sub groups, Classic, Black Falcons, Black Knights,
Crusaders, Dark Forest, Dragon Masters, Forestmen, Fright Knights,
Knights Kingdom, Ninja, Royal Knights, Wolfpack.. and find me one
message in any of those groups... If you want to talk about something
else, pick one of them. (Which I really don't think they are even
needed...) Castle is all inclusive.. doesn't matter what theme/genre we
are talking about...

All splitting things up does it make for something else for someone else
to bitch about.. "WAAWAAA someone posted something where it doesn't
belong.... sic em Todd... sic em..." To much splitting causes Clicks..
and causes people to not understand or know where the in the hell they
can post something.. This is the REAL world in a lot of ways.. When you
go buy your newspaper you don't ask them for the Good news only paper do
you? or the Bad news only paper... you get it all.. doesn't matter if
you don't want to read it.. it's there.. Just because they printed
something you didn't want to read you don't go to the publisher and say
you can't print that stuff because *I* don't want to read it...

Tamy

Lorbaat wrote:

OK.  Something that came out of a recent debate was that there is at least one
person besides me who has decreased activity in lugnet.castle due to the
preponderance of Castle World posts.  Therefore, I'd like to propose that
Castle World get it's own group for discussions, which by my logic would make
it lugnet.org.castle.castle-world (although I'm frankly not going to quibble
over the actualy place the group winds up :D).

I think this is definitely called for in that Castle World seems to require a
*lot* of admin/member discussion/debate that really isn't related to Lego
Castle Theme in any intrinsic way, yet are necessary for the Castle World folks
to continue their endeavor (one could argue that they could start a mailing
list or have a message board on the Castle World main website, but I'm assuming
that Lugnet would extend CW the same courtesy as NELUG, GMLTC, et al).

Please understand that I am in no way trying to bash Castle World or say
anything negative about it.  I think it's a great idea and it seems to be going
swimmingly.  If I had the time and the energy I'd definitely be in on it
myself- and who knows, maybe one day I will be.  I'd just like to see
lugnet.castle return to being more about Lego Castle building in general.

Thoughts?

lugnet.castle included for visibility, followups to lugnet.admin.general.

eric

--
Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy