 Castle / 21343
21342  |  21344
Subject:
NWBrickCon 2006 Castle Area
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:22:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

NWBrickCon is fast approaching, and the response I’ve got so far for the Castle area has been great. I’ve been discussing with a few in email about a large combined layout at NWBrickCon and I’d love to see it come together.

Breadman over at Classic Castle has been working on a combined standard that we would like to implement at NWBrickCon.

Please visit the following links for more information.

Downloadable

Web based

Taken from the website: “The Base8 Standard is a set of building and color scheme standards for putting together large castle themed displays. It incorporates elements from the Classic Castle City standard, Ben Ellerman’s farm standard, and the BPB standard (in fact, any modules built for the above three standards can be converted to Base8 with very little effort). The modular nature of the standard makes it very flexible; it can be constantly expanded as more contributors are added to a project and even the person with the smallest collection can contribute as long as they can produce 8x8 studs worth of terrain.”

If you’re planning on attending please e-mail me and if you could let me know if you’re interested or not in participating in a combine layout. Also please let me know what you’re planning on bringing so we can get a general idea of how much area we’re going to need. If you’re not sure you can attend but you’d like to have your MOCs there please e-mail me and we’ll see if we can figure something out.

Castles, Fortresses, Cathedrals, Villages, Houses, entire displays or small vignettes all are welcome.

Also please let me know what you’re interested in doing or seeing while at NWBrickCon. For instance we have a Castle roundtable and a landscaping presentation scheduled, and we’ll have show and tell, maybe building tricks and tips, possibly even a Brickquest or Brikwars game. If you’d like to see or do something in particular please let me know.

Feel free to join the discussion here at Classic Castle:

You can get a hold of me or any of the other Theme Coordinators here.

Looking forward to seeing you at NWBrickCon 2006!

Thomas Rafert

NWBC 2006 Team, Castle Coordinator, NWBrickCon™ 2006