 Castle / 21073
Re: Old Castle Picture from (some catalog?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 18:52:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Brett Kingery wrote:
I've been looking for some time, and have not been able to find yet, an old
castle picture from a Catalog, Brochure, or Publicity book that I remember. I
figured I may as well ask about it here then :)  I'll describe it as I can
remember, and if anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

The picture is from around 21-11 years ago (most likely sometime AFTER Classic
Castle started and ended).  I keep thinking it was from one of the "Imagination
Catalogs", but looking through the ones I still have didn't turn the picture up.
The picture was of a castle, built mostly vertically with some green landscaping
under it.  There were lots of little arches to support its levels as it went
upwards.  Of course, it was classic Grey.  I also believe it was a "play" shot,
as in there were people standing around it, either looking at it or playing with
it.  It was not a shot set up like "official sets" are taken (with some sort of
static background, etc).

I don't think I can describe the picture in my head as well as I'd like, but
that's about it.  I hope SOMEONE at least knows what I'm talking about, even if
they don't have the picture :)  Also, are there any sites out there wit scans of
the INSIDES of Mania Magazines, etc?  I'm guessing no (due to copyright issues),
but if there IS, then I'll start looking through them!

Thanks in advance!

plucky

Hi Brett,

You are thinking of the castle in the first edition of the Brick Kicks Magazine.
It had an article about Karsten Kristensen and Francie Berger who were master
model builders in the 80's (I believe Karsten still is a Master Builder) and the
creations that they made.  I scanned the page with the castle (which is also my
favorite).  You can find it here:

http://www.classic-castle.com/bene/brickkicks/bk_v1_03.JPG

Ben E.