 Castle / 21060
Re: Set Information: Unknown Sets (Viking Long Ship, Castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 04:00:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Michael Berz wrote:
Looking for information on some particular sets, no model number or set id
information known.

In 1993 Toy R US in Kokomo and Indianapolis, Indiana saw some sets that were
not mini-figure scale in the 500 – 1200 piece range.  Sets were of a castle
(2-3 different sets), school, Roman War Galley, and a Viking long ship.  I
have not seen or been able to find any information since 1994 that relates
to these sets but I am quite sure they were Lego and not another brand.  I
was a poor college student at the time and was not able to afford to buy
them.  Now that I am no longer a poor college student it seems like I saw a
ghost.

Does anyone have information or pictures that relate to these sets?  Thanks,
-Michael

Dude, you are describing the 1990's Megablocks line.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6002156142
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6000525787
(not my auctions, only linked for the pics)
The MB home page is horrid, so it's rarely useful for anything. I'm sure there's
a good MB info page out there somewhere, but I've never bookmarked it.

HTH,
Clark