 Castle / 2076
Re: [CW] Castle World idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 00:41:25 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Eric, Shiri, and other Boston-area folk interested in the "Castle World"
project -

What say we all get areas near each other?  Since we all live in roughly the
same area, it would make it a *lot* easier for our nations to interact,
because we could get together *really* easily to photograph stuff.

Sounds good to me although I already have a couple of building's placed in
Castle World I am sure we could get Craig and/or Pawel to uproot them to
another location if need be.

Yeah, it probably isn't too hard, considering that they'd have to add things
all the time anyway, they probably would be able to subtract stuff...

I'd kind of like an area with both desert and seacoast, because I'm vaguely
pondering something like the Barbary pirates that operated in the
Mediterranean, but I don't know if any of you folk are interested in doing
ships and seafaring stuff.

I was actually thinking more "Forest by a River" for my set up.  I would guess
I could do the Seacoast but I don't really think my stuff fits into desert
very
well. I would also like to stay away from using Palm Tree's by my creations (I
just don't like them).

LOL! Palm trees don't work too well with castle walls (IMO)...

I think that it is possible to work together without having to give up our
ideas - for example, I can be placed along the shore on a forest/grassland,
next to a river that winds up into the sea, while Eric can be up-river in the
deeper forest. Jeff could be on the continuation of the shore, in a more
deserty-region. I don't mind a bit of desert in my realm.

As far as seafaring goes I have considered it although I am limited to the few
Pirate things I won in the latest AucZilla in terms of building a ship.

I have too, but I'm no ship-person. I might have some small ships for the king
and queen.

There'd be plenty of opportunity for trade and interaction with the actual
governments in the region as well.

Cool!

A hot, near-desert climate would also suit the 'Star-Wars' peasant style
of dress, which I think would benefit all of us in terms of boosting the
population. (Personally, I'm going to try my hand at some more customizing
to try to get things like turbans.  I'll let you know how it turns out.)

I would agree with Shiri here in that the 'Star-Wars" peasants really work in
just about any region.

Anyway I am sure we can find an area that is mutually benifitial to us all and
it sounds like a fun Idea so lets try and find an area we all like.

Like the area I described. Craig, could you maybe try make something like
that? No rush, just interested.

-Shiri
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/