 Castle / 19297
19296  |  19298
Subject:
New Castle sets??? - Toy Fair photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 04:44:46 GMT

Simply my humble opinion, but it strikes me that the new castle sets are making
something of a departure stylistically from previous sets.  The figures, armor
and weapons seem more like a cross between the MegaBloks line and the "classic"
Lego castle.

Just wondering why and will be curious to see what the reception will be.   Ironically, my youngest has more interest in the Lego castle sets than the Mega Blok sets with their "power crystals" and all the other "playable" features.  I suspect that the larger figures will bomb like Galidor - a "buildable" action figure just doesn't seem to interest kids.  The Bionicle line was cool (with my kids) because you could build your own Bionicles too.   However, I DO see a few of the ultra hard to find 90 degree roof dormer peak pieces on the leg armor of one of them so.......

I still wish TLC would come up with a bin of castle parts - bricks, arches,
doors, windows and roof pieces......I suspect that the cathedral in our village
will never get finished due to a materials shortage - never mind the color
change.encountered in "quarrying" new blocks......lol.