 Castle / 18708
Re: Wizards Tower, talking about height and weight problems!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:26:55 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz wrote:
Dave,

That's an incredible model!  I looked back at its evolution and am very
impressed with how fast you got it done.  Can your camera take bigger pictures?
I would like to see a few larger shots of the model to really do it justice.

How accessible is it?

     -- Pawel

Pawel,

Thanks for the comments!  When I built the tower, I left the entire back side
open.  So, each room has a big hole in the back you can see into / get your hand
& arm into.  Yeah, some of the floors are deep enough you are in literaly up to
your elbow.  I Was really lucky some of the ideas I had about playability worked
out pretty well and the MOC still looks pretty good!  (Opening along a seam
wasn't an option due to the multi-baseplate design).  And, of course, I've had a
nifty Brikwar (www.brickwars.com) in mind the whole time, so you should see pics
of that & NELUG in a month or so.

Hmmm, I will see if I can change the setting on the camera and get a much larger
pic.  I'm sure I can -- that and remove the dang date!  ;)

Thanks again!
Dave O