 Castle / 16415
Re: First Castle MOC in years...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 15:34:16 GMT

Hi Alexander,

Very nice job.  I especially like the templar shields.  For not having much
many castle pieces, you did a really nice job.  Actually, you can build a
lot of medieval stuff without having any "castle" pieces.

Build On,
Josh

In lugnet.castle, Alexander Zwagerman writes:
...so be kind in critcism ;-)

http://home.planet.nl/~zwage027/templar.html

Story: Built from Jerusalem stone, which gives a golden glow in the blazing
sun, this small fortification was built by the Knights Templar, a religious
order of warrior monks who vowed to protect pilgrims travelling from
catholic Europe to the Holy Land.

Inspired by: Many castle creations, but I just don't have enough castle
pieces. I'm a space builder, really. Actual inspiration came from a new
space theme built by Sylvia Tresto: http://www.geocities.com/sylviatresto/
who translated the Templar myth to some kind of space story. Many books deal
with the Templar Order, especially with the mystery surrounding their
rituals. These secret rituals made it easy for the pope to attack the Order
when it became too powerful...

Building: I used almost all my grey pieces to create the rock on a blue
baseplate. Using the pieces of the Classic Yellow Castle (*bows deeply for
this great set*) which I got for my 8-th birthday and all other yellow
pieces (even two Duplo stones...) to build the castle on top of the grey
elements was easy. I enjoyed building the two Templar sheilds on the castle.
Enjoy!

Alexander

http://home.planet.nl/~zwage027/templar.html