 Castle / 16281
Re: new Lord of the Rings chapter, Meduseld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:47:28 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Andrew Saada writes:
Bruce-

I think the overall design of the hall works well and I like its simplicity.
The firepit is great too!  I look forward to your next installment.
Keep up the great work!

Thanks.  I was intentionally keeping it simple because Rohan is at a lower
level of development than Gondor, so I wanted there to be a definite contrast
when I get around to making Minas Tirith scenes.  I saw this as more of a
Viking hall and people would sit on the ground with only the king having a
chair.  There's actually a little more detail than shows up in those photos.
There is a raised gallery along three walls with windows for guards to shoot
arrows from for defense, and there's a ladder to the left of the door to access
that.  I tried to pattern the floor, too (inspired by some of Brendan's Brick
Testament work), but that doesn't show up very well.

Bruce