 Castle / 15238
MM: Four new shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 07:14:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I've built four new shops for the Medieval Marketplace.

sneak picture:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/glencaer/MedievalMarketplace/allsofar.jpg

From the left:

1st - Potions Shop, owned by Bilal al'Zahani, a nomadic Loel from the
western wasteland.  Here he and his son Emyad, have pitched their tent, laid
out the carpet and show off their fine selections of various potions.  Loel
potions are known the world over for their many health related properties,
and are quite expensive.

2nd - Scribe, run by Enea the Scribe.  Enea is apart of the small class of
people between peasant and landowner, earning her living by writing letters
and writing other documents for local farmers.

3rd - Sculptor, run by Bolu the Sculptor.  Famous in this part of the world
for his large sculptures for the king, Bolu makes much money by doing
smaller scale statues for local landowners and rich farmers.  Here we can
see him half war through a statue.

4th - Tool maker, owned by Cirab the Hermit.  Cirab lives out in the western
wasteland, but not as deep within as the Loel nomads.  There in his
blacksmithy hut he makes some of the finest tools.  Here we see him selling
both his finer 'jeweler' tools and cruder tools that would be useful to a
carpenter.

design notes: the rather small area available to build on (14x11 on a 16x16
baseplate) made alot of the building kinda annoying.  But as is said often,
limitations often breed creativity.  The blue and white tent for Bilal was
inspired by another tent that looks alot like it, i can't remember who built
it (maybe jojo? i dunno).  I'm especially happy with how both my tents
turned out, (the blue one and the grey one)

enjoy
-lenny