 Castle / 1232
1231  |  1233
Subject:
Ninja Fortresses (MOC's)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:32:53 GMT

At the risk of getting flamed....

My yellow castle and all my gray castles are packed away at my parents
house, som 2 hours from here.  (I haven't had the opportunity to acquire any
of the new cstle sets yet either)

Since I did not forsee the return of the Euro-style castles, I have acquired
many different Ninja sets as a means of indulging my desire to build large
non-vehicle based projects.

I actually like the Ninja theme...

I am currently trying to construct a large Ninja fortress incorporating 3 of
the flying Ninja fortresses, 6 32x32 base plates, 75 samurai/ninjas, and
thousands of bricks I have acquired.  I thought i saw a few pictures of
someone's Ninja MOC awhile ago, but I don't remember if it was here or
RTL...I would love to see if anyone else has built a similarly large scale
fortress...

I used 2 Stone tower bridge sets as my entry ways...one as a pedestrian
entrance, and the other as a dock for a couple primitive galley and rafts.
I have already completed a galley ship based on the one I remember from
James Clavell's Shogun Miniseries that came out when I was a teen in the
80's.  It's larger than the shanghai surprise, but not huge...

If anyone has any pictures I would love to see them for inspiration...

Since cash is in short supply right now, I would also be interested in
acquiring more Ninja theme parts thru trades

Thanks for your time.....Happy New Year to all!!!!