 Castle / 11753
Re: Picture Editing Tips part deux, as well as some other stuff.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 06:13:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tony Hafner writes:
Wonderful tutorial, Anthony.  I was able to follow everything without much
trouble.  I don't expect to actually do this much work, of course, but if I
actually had the time... now I know how!

Great!  I was worried that I had left something out that would cause the whole
thing to be confusing.

I'm trying to keep *my* graphic editing down to a minimum, mostly by
carefully choosing angles and shooting in close.  I admire what you are able
to do, though.  Your story is very long and detailed with lush imagery, and
all of it is well done.

Thanks!  But I like to follow your rule of thumb.  Take pictures where minimal
backgrounds and editing are necessary.  But in some chapters it just must be
done.  I note for example the first chapter of my book III, where most of the
action took place aboard an airship being followed by a dragon.  I was forced
to put in lots and lots of editing, there was just no way around it.

Though I see it here on Lugnet, I wasn't able to find your previous tutorial
on your site.  Is it there?  I would think both of these tutorials could be
laid out a little nicer on a web page such that the images are displayed
along with the text.  Or is it because of the Geocities quota?

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com

No, my tutorials are only on lugnet.  I don't have them there not because of
the quota, as I could simply keep them on brickshelf, but because there are
much better photo editors out there.  I list as my main example Kevin Hall.  He
has stunned us all with his work, and well he should, he's a proffessional
graphic designer.  He is soon to put a graphics tutorial an his website, so I
will leave it to him.  I am just an amatuer who's played with photoshop perhaps
a bit too much.

Thanks for the reply!
--Anthony
http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/legohome.html