 Castle / 10393
Re: Peasant's cottage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:19:03 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tanya K. Burkhart writes:

and the twins.  :)

Did I miss something?  Why does the second one have green hair?

No, nothing missed.  In the back of my head, I've been thinking about a Santa
castle display with Christmas train to go around the tree this year (with
the way I build, I should have started last spring on it).  The twins
were to be Santa's daughters -- Holly & Merry.  The twins were on the table
when I took the pictures; I just thought I'd throw them in as a conversation
piece.  :)

I also had a piece of wall section that is to surround Santa's castle.  I used
white castle walls, a few white slopes along the bottom, & 1 x 2 green bricks
to line the top.  I've got a forestman guarding the wall, holding a trans-blue
(ice) spear.  It was a test wall to see if it has the 'feel' that I'm looking
for, but I think it's too much white.  I'm thinking about mixing in an occasion
light gray wall; this to give the appearance that the wall is completely gray,
but covered in snow in most places... I threw on a verdigris green brick on top
of the wall & honestly I think I like it better on the wall than the normal
green -- it's not a 'bright'...  Anyway, I was going to post the wall section
as well, but decided against it until I could work on it some more...

[1] Please forgive me if the cottages look similar to other designs.  It was
   my quick, first attempt at making a few houses for a castle village.

The new ones are quite nice.  Don't be suprised if mine look a little like
yours - since I've decided that the *small* ones I've been building are
unsatisfactory. :)

No problem.  I think I borrowed the roof design from a friend, who I think
inturn borrowed it from someone on LUGNET -- I forgot who originally posted
the design -- my friend showed me a few buildings he made for his new castle
layout; I decided it was time to try a few of my own.

--Mike.