 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 971
970  |  972
Subject:
"Sticker" images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2001 16:19:09 GMT

I have a sticker image that I want to put in a rendering. It's going to span
multiple bricks. It's not a sticker that LEGO ever made.

I found this thread:
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=746&t=i&v=a

which seems to give some hints but they were a bit subtle for my tiny POVbrain.

I KNOW this is doable... see for example

http://www.ldraw.org/motm/archive/2000-09september

which I am assuming was done this way. (Bram's box cover for his
Pentawhatisz must have been done this way too, just to name one example)

If someone has some POV code that puts an bmp/gif/jpg image onto a sticker
and then puts the sticker onto bricks (I don't think I want the image
projected directly on the bricks) I'd love to hear about it!