 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 751
Re: Adding an image_map (used to be Re: Do I use Dat2AutoCAD or is there a better way?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:30:19 GMT

Ryan,
   Put the image_map inside a pigment statement, which is in turn inside the
object statement. Like this:

   object { _screen_
            pigment
            {
               image_map
               {
                  gif "classicspacelogo.gif"
                  interpolate 2
                  filter all 0.8
               }
            }
          }

   I'm not sure what you want to do with the transparency of the map and
all, but this should get you started. Let me know if you need further help.

   Coby

In lugnet.cad.ray, Ryan Farrington writes:
John VanZwieten wrote:
POV-Ray can use bitmaps as surface textures.  I've never done this myself, • but I've seen it done.
-John Van

I did some experimenting with this last night, and I couldn't get it to
work.  I don't know where to put the image_map command to add the image.

I have this object:
object { _screen_ }

And I want to put this image on it:
image_map {